Friday, 22 January 2016

Happy New Year! And some New Year goals

Wow, I haven't blogged in a long time!!
First of all Happy New Year!

For the time being I'm still not allowed to work from home (but I've seen the tenancy laws have finally changed so if we move it should hopefully no longer be an issue!). But I'm not letting that stop me from improving my portfolio, art practice and branding.

Art Practice 
I'm slowly creating pockets of creative time while the children are at home. The baby is now 1, so we are getting in a routine of sorts. And the preschooler goes to preschool a few hours a week. So these days as soon as the youngest falls asleep I drop whatever I'm doing to do some drawing. I'm also trying to be more organised with the housework so that I can be free to draw in those moments.


Portfolio 
I've enrolled on Y is for Yellow year long art course by Carla Sonheim, in the hope I can create a cohesive body of work, while having accountability all year round. I'm enjoying going back to basics and drawing lots, even if both my kids decide to "improve " my sketches later on.

Branding 
Even though I can't work from home yet, I'd like to take the time now to create a coherent brand so that once I can work everything is in place. There is so much to think about so this is something that I'll be working on for the time being (in parallel with drawing/painting more).

So those are my creative goals for 2016, and hopefully I'll be able to share some updates regularly.

I wish you a very creative year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin